Update - blowing snow advisory ended for the Strathmore and Wheatland County area.
Poor visibility in blowing snow overnight until early Sunday morning.
Visibility on the Trans-Canada Highway east of Calgary, portions of Highway 3 and Highway 41, as well as other roadways may be reduced to near zero at times.
Northwesterly winds will increase overnight, gusting near 60 km/h. These winds, combined with today's snowfall and some lingering flurries tonight will combine to produce low visibility in blowing snow.
Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
Blowing snow advisory in effect for:
- Co. of Newell near Bassano
- Co. of Newell near Brooks Rosemary and Duchess
- Co. of Newell near Gem
- Co. of Newell near Scandia and Kinbrook Island Prov. Park
- Foothills Co. near Blackie
- M.D. of Taber near Enchant
- Rocky View Co. near Chestermere Dalroy and Dalemead
- Siksika Res. 146
- Vulcan Co. near Arrowwood Herronton and Queenstown
- Vulcan Co. near Carmangay and Champion
- Vulcan Co. near Lomond Travers and Little Bow Reservoirs
- Vulcan Co. near Milo
- Vulcan Co. near Vulcan and Ensign
- Wheatland Co. near Hussar
- Wheatland Co. near Standard and Gleichen
- Wheatland Co. near Strathmore Lyalta and Carseland