On February 28 Drumheller RCMP received reports of possible stole property in or near the Drumheller area, which caused Drumheller RCMP, Drumheller General Investigation Section, and the Southern Alberta District Crime Reduction Intelligence to initiate an investigation. The stolen materials were reported to be from Calgary and were:
- A white 20’ enclosed Interstate Car Hauler Trailer
- A 2000 dark blue Chevrolet pickup truck
- A 2016 pink/blue/yellow Ski-doo Summit X 800R Snowmobile
During the investigation, a suspect vehicle was subject to a traffic stop in Drumheller on March 1, where two suspects were arrested and taken into custody. The driver was a suspended driver, and the vehicle contained an imitation handgun (airsoft gun) and methamphetamine. Further investigation resulted in a search warrant on a property in Michichi later that day, where the 20' stolen interstate car hauler was recovered. The Chevrolet truck was recovered on March 2.
48-year-old Tim Closs of Michichi was charged with:
- Section 354(1)(A) CC – Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
- Section 4(1) CDSA – Possession of Methamphetamine; and
- Section 320.18(1) CC – Operate a Motor vehicle while being prohibited.
41-year-old Judith Brown of Michichi was charged with:
- Section 354(1)(A) CC – Possession of Property Obtained by Crime; and
- Section 4(1) CDSA – Possession of Methamphetamine.
The stolen snowmobile was located abandoned in a rural area along a roadway near Morrin, Alberta and has been recovered.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com