Strathmore is hosting a triathlon. Platinum Racing has joined the Tri-Diva and Tri-Smore into one amazing event on August 26.
For the past 20 years, generation of athletes have come down to the Strathmore Civic Aquatic Centre to swim, bike and run, and now two races have been combined so there is something to offer for everyone.
Multiple distances from beginner to Olympic, exclusive women’s waves, team relays, and a kid’s triathlon make a full day of racing for the entire family. The Tri-Diva women’s category is offered for the Olympic, Full and Half Triathlon distances.
Athletes need to give themselves one hour minimum prior to their start time to complete pickup, and set their bike up in their transition spot. It is the job of the rider of the bike to make sure that they have their bike in proper working order to race plus have an ANSI, SNELL, OR CSA-approved helmet. Riders will not be allowed to ride without a helmet.
There will be prizes/medals awarded to first place winners:
- Male & Female adults in Olympic S’more, Full S’more and Team categories
- Male & Female youth in Full S’more and Half S’more.
- Male & Female youth in 1/4 S’more.
There will be plenty of parking for everyone at the Hockey Arena parking lot just east of the Civic Centre and Strathmore High School. For athletes and their families plus spectators.
On the Town of Strathmore's Facebook page it says that race organizers will do their best to minimize the disruptions, but there are still a few things to keep in mind:
- The Aquatic Centre will be closed for the day to accommodate the swimming portion of the events.
- Noise may come from the Highschool/Aquatic Centre area as racers prepare to start.
- Keep an eye out for bikers and runners so everyone can participate safely.
- Road, lane and pathway closures should be expected along the race routes. Give yourself extra time to travel.
There will be more updates prior to the event including specific areas for road closures.
To register, to volunteer and for more information visit https://platinumracing.ca/.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, StrathmoreNow encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the StrathmoreNow app.