A Strathmore General Investigation Section (GIS) member was travelling to check a property on December 8, at approximately 4:20 p.m. A vehicle was spotted travelling at approximately 148 km/hr on Highway 22X in the area of Range Road 255.
The officer pulled the vehicle over which contained four occupants. The driver was found to be bound by a release conditions from an unrelated criminal matter, one of which enabled a search of the vehicle.
A passenger was also bound by a release condition for a 24-hour per day curfew, and a weapons prohibition. A search of the vehicle reslted a number of items including a counterfeit driver's license with the passenger’s photo on it with other identification not belonging to him, and a can of bear spray.
As a result of release order violations and possession of identity documents both unauthorized and counterfeit, the passenger was arrested. During subsequent interactions with the passenger, photos of identification not belonging to him was observed on his cell phone. The passenger was transported to the Strathmore Detachment for a bail hearing while the remainder of the occupants were released on scene.
- Possession of a Forged Document X 2;
- Failure to Comply with a Condition of a Release Order X 4;
- Failure to Comply with a Condition of a Probation Order X 3;
- Possession of a Weapon Contrary to a Prohibition Order;
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose;
- Unlawful Possession of a Government Document X 2; and
- Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Brooks was remanded into custody to appear at a future date. At the time of his arrest, Brooks was at large on a release order relating to 33 outstanding charges between 7 matters; and two probation orders.
The investigation is ongoing which may result in further charges.