UPDATE: As of 3:50 p.m. on February 21, 2023, the snowfall warning from Environment Canada for Strathmore and area has ended.
We could be seeing 15-25 cm of snow tonight. Environment Canada issued a snowfall warning for later today for Strathmore and surrounding areas. This includes but isn't limited to Siksika Nation, Wheatland County, and Vulcan County.
"Heavy snow will begin falling near Grande Cache and Jasper by late afternoon, spreading south toward Calgary by evening. This snow will continue through the night and into Tuesday, with accumulations of 15 to 25 cm," Environment Canada said.
Environment Canada added the snowfall will gradually come to an end on Tuesday afternoon and evening.
The full list of areas under the warning are as follows:
- Co. of Newell near Bassano
- Co. of Newell near Brooks Rosemary and Duchess
- Co. of Newell near Gem
- Co. of Newell near Scandia and Kinbrook Island Prov. Park
- Foothills Co. near Blackie
- M.D. of Taber near Enchant
- Rocky View Co. near Chestermere Dalroy and Dalemead
- Siksika Res. 146
- Vulcan Co. near Arrowwood Herronton and Queenstown
- Vulcan Co. near Carmangay and Champion
- Vulcan Co. near Lomond Travers and Little Bow Reservoirs
- Vulcan Co. near Milo
- Vulcan Co. near Vulcan and Ensign
- Wheatland Co. near Hussar
- Wheatland Co. near Standard and Gleichen
- Wheatland Co. near Strathmore Lyalta and Carseland
You can visit Environment Canada for more details and updates.