A man has been arrested in regards to a hold and secure of a school in Chestermere.
Yesterday (Dec 7), Chestermere RCMP responded to a report of a male passed out in a back yard and he had a sawed-off shotgun.
As a precaution, Our Lady of Wisdom School was placed under a was placed on hold and secure and residents in the immediate area were asked to remain in their houses.
30-year-old Justin Cutter from Siksika Nation has been charged with:
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon
- Possession of restricted firearm/prohibited weapon with ammo without license/registration
- Weapons possession contrary to order and failure to surrender authorization x 2
- Possession of a controlled substance (x2) – Fentanyl and Cocaine
After a Judicial Interim Release Hearing, Cutter has been remanded into custody and will be appearing in Strathmore court on December 17.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, StrathmoreNow encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the StrathmoreNow app.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.