Gleichen RCMP executed a search warrant at a private residence on Railway Street in Gleichen on August 29th. The search warrant was granted following an investigation that had commenced on August 26, 2022.
The search warrant resulted in the seizure of:
- An undisclosed amount of suspected cocaine, fentanyl and oxycodone
- Four rifles, a shotgun and two imitation firearms
- Several types of live ammunition
- Several weapons including a large machete and bear spray
- An undisclosed amount of Canadian Currency
Justin Andrew Woodside (45), a resident of Gleichen, has been charged with over 80 Criminal Code offences including:
- Possession of prohibited weapon (x24)
- Trafficking a controlled substance (x4)
- Unauthorized firearm possession and careless use of firearms (x17)
- Failing to comply with a release order (x10)
Charlene Marie Annette Coates (45), a resident of Gleichen, has also been charged with 26 Criminal Code offences including:
- Possession of a dangerous weapon (x5)
- Trafficking a controlled substance (x3)
- Careless use of a firearm (x10)
Woodside and Coates were both remanded into custody following Judicial Interim Release Hearings and are scheduled to appear in Siksika provincial court on September 1, 2022.
“Gleichen RCMP officers put in the long hours and hard work to get illicit drugs and guns off of the street. This successful search warrant is a reflection of the dedication they have to the communities they serve,” said Cpl. Karen Scotland, Gleichen RCMP.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org