Calgary police have charged two individuals with 40 charges after stolen vehicles, firearms, identity theft documents and more than $200,000 worth of drugs were seized from properties in northeast Calgary and Rocky View County.
"As we process exhibits seized from the search warrants, we have recovered identity information belonging to more than 700 individuals, 48 businesses, and 100 vehicles. Additional charges are pending against those involved," a police release stated.
As part of a month-long investigation into drug trafficking on December 17, 2022, police executed the second warrant of three in the 0 to 100 block of Woodland Estates Drive in Rocky View County. As a result of this search warrant, the following items were located and seized:
- Prohibited pistol and rifle magazines
- Approximately one kilogram of fentanyl, valued at $100,000
- Approximately 1.5 litres of GHB, valued at $2,000
- 700 grams of methamphetamine
- Approximately four kilograms of unknown tablets
- Four stolen vehicles, including a 2022 Jeep Wrangler, a 2019 Lincoln Navigator, a 2019 Ram Rebel and a 2008 Cadillac SRX
- Four assault rifles
- Approximately $12,000 in Canadian currency
- Re-vinning and re-keying equipment
- Personal, company and financial information for hundreds of individuals and businesses
- Fraudulent identification and vehicle documents
- ID card printers and embossers
- Re-vinning tools
The first search warrant was executed on Thursday, December 15, 2022, in Northeast Calgary. Police found:
- A stolen and re-vinned 2014 Lotus Evora, worth approximately $110,000
- RCMP body armour
- Personal use amounts of psilocybin, cocaine and methamphetamine
- Approximately three kilograms of unknown tablets
- Identity theft documents
On Saturday, December 31, 2022, a third warrant was also executed in Northeast Calgary, where 10 kilograms of unknown tablets and evidence of drug manufacturing were located and seized.
Police have said that at this stage of the investigation, two individuals have been charged.
44-year-old Clint Parmeter is charged with 32 offences, including three counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, three counts of possession of a controlled substance, five counts of possession of stolen property over $5,000, one count of possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000, four counts of possession of an unlicensed weapon, five counts of careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, three counts of possession of a weapon obtained by crime, four counts of possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order, and other charges.
He will next appear in court on Wednesday, January 11.
42-year-old Kendall Pyne has also been charged with 13 offences. The offences included two counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, three counts of possession of a controlled substance, three counts of possession of stolen property over $5000, four counts of possession of an unlicensed firearm, and possession of proceeds of crime.
She will next appear in court on Monday, January 16.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the police by calling 403-266-1234. Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers or by calling 1-800-222-8477.