October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month and with Alberta being the leader in public-sector cybersecurity., here are some tips to help you stay safe and secure.
- Update and Strengthen Passwords: Ensure your passwords are strong and unique for each account. Consider using a password manager for added security.
- Stay Informed: Educate yourself about the latest cybersecurity threats and best practices. Knowledge is your best defense!
- Update Your Devices: Keep your devices updated with the latest security patches.
- Be Wary of Phishing: Don't click on suspicious links or download attachments from unknown sources. Verify the authenticity of emails and messages.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Add an extra layer of protection to your accounts with MFA whenever possible.
- Protect Your Personal Data: Only share personal information when necessary and with trusted sources.
For more information and to help keep each other safe, visit the Government of Alberta's website.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, StrathmoreNow encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the StrathmoreNow app.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.