For the past several months, the Three Hills RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) has been investigating a prolific property crime offender in Kneehill County, Alta.
Three Hills RCMP CRU learned that the suspect was trafficking stolen property using an online platform. During the investigation, they recovered items and vehicles, including a ride-on lawnmower, a trailer, and an ATV with the VIN destroyed. These items were identified as stolen from various rural properties within Kneehill County.
RCMP also identified other stolen items in conjunction with the investigation such as an SUV, Truck, ATV, and stolen licence plates.
On November 23 a search warrant was executed at the residence where the suspect resides, which resulted in the seizure of electronic devices, weapons, and stolen vehicle documents.
Jesse Bulechowsky (41), a resident of Kneehill County, has been charged with the following:
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Trafficking of property obtained by crime under $5000 x 2
- Trafficking of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Utter forged documents
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000 x 2
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 x 5
- Alter/remove or obliterate a VIN
- Drive while prohibited
- Disuse with intent to commit an offence
Following a judicial hearing, Bulechowsky was released from custody and is set to appear in Drumheller Provincial Court on Dec. 16, 2022.
Three Hills RCMP encourages the public to report any criminal or suspicious activity, nd if you see a crime in progress, dial 911.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com