Due to a Moderate fire risk, Wheatland County has been put under a fire advisory immediately, the ban is prohibiting all fire permits and all firework permits.
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Internal household fireplaces
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas.
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Regulated burning barrels.
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Recreational campfire (approved fire pit 24" in diameter or less)
A separate statement from the Town of Strathmore stated that an advisory allows fire pits that meet guidelines and all barbeques, but prohibits fires requiring a permit, including open air burning and fireworks.
"Residents are always required to supervise fires in fire pits and have a source of extinguishment (i.e. garden hose) readily available. NO fire should be left unsupervised," a statement from the Town read
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Wheatland County office at 403-934-3321 or the Town of Strathmore Fire Department at 403-934-3022.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org